Yesterday Melissa Barker-Simpson nominated me for my fist ever blogging award, the Real Neat Blog Award. And guess what, I am flattered to be considered for an award. Melissa, thank you so much!
As it seems to be the tradition with awards, she has asked all of her nominees a few questions, so I will try my best at answering them.
1. What is the #1 most played song on your iPod (or other listening device)?
This one is embarrassing, I have not been listening to music much in such a long time, and that as a former head of music. My computer is quite new, so I have only a very low listening count. So at the moment it is the EP “Hot Toast” by Beath Jeans Houghton and the Album “Declaration of Independence” by Kings of Convenience that are neck to neck in the running.
At the moment I really feel like listening to “Laughing with” by Regina Spector, which is such a beautiful song!
2. What is one of your favourite quotes?
One of my favorite quotes is this one from the Little Prince by Saint-Expupéry “One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eyes.”
3. If you were immortal for one day, what would you do?
That’s a tough question, I think I would dive into the deepest depths of the oceans and have a look at the life there.
4. What’s the most recent movie/book you’ve seen/read? Tell us about it.
The most recent book I read was “Der Spaziergang von Rostock nach Syrakus” I wrote a review, in German, about it only last week. It is about a man, who is longing to visit Syrakus in Italy, but he has a major problem, he lives in East Germany and has no right to travel. The book is all about how he prepares his trip. He spend 7 years preparing his excursion, as he wants to go back home afterwards. He encounters a lot of difficulties and always manages somehow.
5. What have you always wanted to study (but never had the time)?
I think that I should try to get myself back into learning Polish. I think that I had the time in the last few years, but I did not use it correctly.
And now I would like to nominate a few bloggers for this award, you should definitely have a look at their blogs.
Now dear nominees here are a few questions for you (feel free to accept and answer or not) .
1. As a child what did you want to become? (princess is an acceptable answer)
2. What piece of your own writing are you most proud of?
3. If you were an animal what would you be, and why?
4. If you were stranded on a lonely island (there will be food and drink there) what/who would you take with you (3 things at the most)?
5. Is there some advice that you would like to share?
As for my recent achievements:
- 2 months ago today, my first blog post went up.
- I am still a bit short of my 50th post.
- During April I participated in my fist major blogging challenge, the A to Z Challenge.
- I have passed the 70 followers mark, I would like to thank each and every one for that a lot. I know that I have been a bit short of time to stop by all of your blogs and say thanks.
- I just received my first award (see above).
- Trying to establish something of a weekly pattern, on Fridays it is book reviews/recommendations, on Saturdays it is the weekend coffee share, and on Sundays it’s a short story.
Thank you all, Solveig