Some time ago I was nominated to participate in the Freestyle Writing Challenge by Rawls E. Needing to write something, but being lost for words at first, I decided to take it up today. And hey, under pressure I sure manage to write something. (The rules, my own prompt and my nominees will be at the bottom of the post).
The prom I was given:
You are going to live under the sea now. You have left your “land dwelling” life and world behind. Where are you? What is your underwater dwelling like? Are there other humanoid races, such as mermaids or something else, in this undersea realm?
Strangely it is easy not to breath anymore. I have developed a fish like skin and lifestyle. But I am not a mermaid, no those are far more beautiful creatures than we. I have taken to sitting on a nice smooth rock, here I can be caressed by the rays of the sun, because sometimes the rays of the sun do pierce the surface of the sea. Further down in the trench there is my little cave, where I can hide, far away from the sharks and other beings. My cave mate at the moment is a water bear. Like myself being a water human, he has fled the dry lands and develop a capacity to live beneath the ocean. We do get along fine, we both have been hunted do to our differences. What bear likes to talk to humans? And what huan likes to spend all day in the water?
You are probably wondering how I ended up here, you know my time is limited. Still I will try to tell you, dear diver. I have been an avid swimmer for many years, my mother had a water birth, so I left the womb and glided gently into water. Swimming lessons
a total of 203 words written by Solveig in 5 Minutes
- Open a blank document.
- Set a stop watch or mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes.
- Your topic is at the foot of this post. DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!
- Once you start writing, do not stop until the alarm sounds!
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check. (The challenge is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought-flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
- At the end of your post, write down “No. of words = ____” to give an idea of how much you can write within the timeframe.
- Copy and paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees, and copy / paste these rules along with your nomination (at least 5 bloggers).
My nominees, go visit their blogs!!!!
Gulara who is a very inspirational blogger.
Ula who hosts a great series called “Monday Inspirations”, every Monday.
Mel who needs an inspirational boost
Eric who I only discovered recently
and Trent who has a great story unfolding at the moment, that I feverishly wait for every day. I am linking the first instalment so you can see what I am talking about.
if I have not motivated you, and you want to join in the fun, then go ahead.
Here is my prompt: (nominees only read it when you are ready to write…)
You remember only the FUTURE (the past is unknown to you). What do you remember? Do you have any regrets? Any happy memories? What do you think your past has in store for you?