Be part of the 3rd edition of multi-contributor Advent Calendar!
Christmas is coming! No, this won’t be a post about how Christmas products are arriving on the shelves way too early, they are in my mind… I know we haven’t passed Halloween yet, but it is time that I make the big announcement EVERYONE has been waiting for since the 24th of December 2016…
On the 1st of December (that’s in 2 months from today) it will be time for the 1st of many Advent Calendar Posts for the 2017 Advent Calendar or the 3rd Edition of the Advent Calendar on this blog. And I want you, yes you, to participate!
What am I looking for?
Well, it should fit the season’s spirit: Decembery (wintery or summery…), Christmassy (or other celebrations of December not including New Years). If you are stuck check out what was contributed in the past two years. Advent 2016, Advent 2015
What kind of contribution?
I really want everyone contributing to be creative! So it can be a short story (or long), a photograph (or more), a memory, a recipe, a song, a video, a painting, a poem, a prayer, a legend, a tradition, your books’ (or book’s) characters going on an adventure, a collage, a multi-author story, an interview (with Santa, Rudolph, etc.), a drawing, a dream, a sculpture (well some pictures of your creation)…
Guidelines for your contribution
This is pretty much the same as it has been in the past two years.
- Be creative, imaginative, magical…
- Tell a story with words, music, images etc. it can be fiction or non-fiction
- Don’t worry about word count because you won’t need words if it’s photograph frost flowers growing on your windows, and only a few if it’s a drabble about wrapping presents or a short poem about Christmas with Baobab trees, or you might be in need for over 1000 when you are sharing your memory of Christmas in the Alps or a captivating story about Santa’s stolen sleigh.
- If you are contributing with a written piece, you can if you wish to provide an image (there will be a common header for all posts), if you do: Use only images that you have the right to use! (google image search does not mean that there is no copyright attached, someone did create that)
- When using images that you did not create, but have the permission to use, credit the artist and link to the source, even if you are using a free stock photo site
- Why not find someone to provide you with a fitting image? that way your posts becomes a collaborative one, or if you are contributing a picture, painting, drawing etc. you could find a friend to write a story that comes with it (no need for words as said above)
- Respect your deadline – Last year I learnt that 3 days is a bit short… So 5 days before your post goes up should be the latest, you can always ask for an extension
- You can use something that you have posted on your blog before and that you feel should have some more reads, in that case, please provide the link to the original.
- Send your story in the body of an email, a word document, text format or in pages – just if you are using images, please don’t put them into your word document, they are a pain to retrieve.
- You can do an anonymous submission (I will know that it was you), just let me know if that’s what you want
- It would be really cool if you could include a bio (1st or 3rd person)
- Include links to your social media!
- If you have a blog/website, please include that too
- Include links to your books (either to your website or to their sales pages), your Etsy store, where we can order prints of your pictures, your proofreading services etc.
- I am hoping for at least 20-24+ participants (the more the merrier), you can provide up to two posts (your second post will always fall on a Sunday, as the Sundays of Advent are special)
- When contacting me please include the top 3 dates you would like to post on or let me know if you don’t really have a preference
- If you already have my email, you can contact me directly, if not use the form above
- Don’t stress if you don’t get a reply right away, I will check my spam folder regularly
- Share this post 🙂
- Be creative!
© Solveig Werner 2017. All rights reserved.