Last week I shared with you ten reasons why writing in a notebook is great, but with anything that is positive, there are negatives too. So today, I want to share with you ten things that make me think twice before I pick up my notebook and fountain pen to write.
- Copy-pasting will ruin your notebook, editing within the notebook is made difficult.
- Backup copies involve copying (photocopy or even by hand) or scanning. Saving to a cloud server is difficult so in the case of a fire your notebook will most likely be lost.
- It is not the easiest thing to write in your notebook when it is dark, a computer has intrinsic lightning…
- If you write with a small child, then your pen might get hijacked and your notebook will be turned into a sketchpad.
- You kill trees, for what scribbles???
- If you hide behind a computer, people think you are working, with a notebook they just see you as some artsy species.
- Your hands are likely to be stained by ink, especially if you use a fountain pen.
- Your laziness will keep you from recopying your writing, and you will start to forget.
- When it comes to counting your words, have fun, no one will volunteer to do it for you…
- Sometimes in a scribbling frenzy you’ll write so badly, that you cannot read anything at all!
What are the main disadvantages you have come across when using a notebook?
© Solveig Werner 2015. All rights reserved.